In This Recipe Pack:
- Dahi Paneer Kebab
- Tandoori Broccoli
- Paneer Nuggets
- Makhana Walnut Bhel
- Matar Paneer Cutlets
- Chilli Lime Paneer
- Curried Tofu and Vegetable Patties
- Turmeric Cauliflower Steaks
- Buttery Garlic Mushrooms
- Macaroni Salad
1. Dahi Paneer Kebab
- 200 g Grated paneer
- 3/4 cup Hung curd
- 1 Chopped onion
- 1 Chopped green chili
- 1 Chopped ginger
- 2 Tsp Coriander powder
- 2 Tsp Chili powder
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 Tsp Chana dal (roasted & powdered)
- 3 Tsp Maida
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Take a bowl. Add 200 gms of grated paneer, 3/4 cup of hung curd, 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped green chili, 1 chopped ginger, 2 tsp of coriander powder, 2 tsp of chili powder, 1 tsp of pepper, 1 tsp of salt, 4 tsp of roasted chana dal powder, 3 tsp of maida, chopped coriander leaves and mix it all together to a dough.
- Roll the dough into a roll and cut into quarter inch thick slices. Flatten it with hands like patties.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes before frying.
- Take a wide saucepan, add little oil.
- Gently place the patties into the pan and shallow fry them. Make sure you fry on both sides till you get golden brown in color.
2. Tandoori Broccoli
- Broccoli – 1 No.
- Hung Curd – 1 Cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 Tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 Tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 Tsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1 Tsp
- Salt – 1/2 Tsp
- Kasuri Methi – 1 Tsp
- Juice Of 1/2 Lemon
- Wash and clean the broccoli and cut it into medium sized pieces.
- Steam the broccoli pieces for 5 mins and keep them aside.
- For marinating the broccoli, take hung curd, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, chaat masala powder, salt, kasuri methi, lemon juice in a large bowl and mix everything well.
- Mix the prepared marinade with the broccoli pieces and let it sit for about 1 hour.
- Grease the grill pan with some ghee and place the marinated broccoli pieces on the pan.
- Grill the broccoli for about 3 mins on a medium low flame and brush some ghee on the open side of the broccoli pieces.
- After brushing with ghee, flip the broccoli pieces to the other side and grill for another 3 mins.
- Finally, apply some ghee and toss them.
- Once they are golden brown in colour on all sides, remove them from the pan.
- Serve this healthiest Tandoori Broccoli with some mint chutney, lemons and vegetable salad by the side.
3. Paneer Nuggets
- 400 g paneer
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon green chilli sauce
- 4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoon Red chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoon Mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon whole sesame seeds
- Oil to shallow fry or Oil spray
- To marinate paneer, in a bowl add lime juice, soy sauce and whisk them.
- Cut paneer into cubes. And put it in marinade to marinate it for 20-30 minutes.
- Make a mix of panko, salt, red chilli flakes, sesame seeds. Keep the mix aside.
- In another bowl mix gram flour/flour with water and salt. Make a thin paste.
- Dip marinated paneer into gram flour batter/paste and then coat them with panko mixture.
- Prepare all paneer nuggets like that.
- Shallow fry them in heated oil. Turn them around so they become golden brown from all sides.
4. Makhana Walnut Bhel
- Walnut 1 Cup
- Makhana – 3 Cups
- Chopped Onion – 1/2 Cup
- Tomato – 1 No. Deseeded & Chopped
- Cucumber – 1/2 No. Deseeded & Chopped
- Green Chili – 1 Tsp
- Pomegranate – 1/2 Cup
- Juice Of 1 Lemon
- Black Salt – 1/2 Tsp
- Chaat Masala – 1/2 Tsp
- Chili Powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Amchur Powder – 1/4 Tsp
- Mint Chutney – 2 Tsp
- Tamarind Chutney – 2 Tsp
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Heat a pan with some oil, add the walnuts
- Walnuts can be used to add an extra crunch to any chats. In this recipe, I have replaced peanuts with walnuts
- Roast it till it turns rich brown in color and keep it aside
- Heat a pan with some oil, add the makhanas
- Roast it till it turns golden in color and keep it aside
- In a large bowl, add the roasted walnuts and makhanas, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, green chilies, salt, chaat masala, black salt, red chili powder, cumin powder, amchur powder, mint chutney, date and tamarind chutney, lemon juice, coriander leaves
- Mix everything well and consume immediately, do not store.
5. Matar Paneer Cutlets
- 100 grams paneer Indian cottage cheese
- 150 g Peas matar
- 2-3 green chilli
- green chilli sauce
- coriander leaves
- mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Crush Peas and green chillies coarsely in a food processor or blender jar.
- In a mixing bowl add these crushed peas and chillies, grated paneer, cooked rice, ginger, green chilli sauce, coriander leaves, mint leaves and salt to taste.
- Mix them well and make a dough of these.
- Flatten this cutlet dough/mixture onto a chopping board and cut it into desired shape.
- If you want to cook these with minimal oil. Just cook them on heated griddle which is sprayed with oil.
- When it is brown from one side, spray some oil, flip it and and cook it till golden from this side.
- If you want to make them crispier, heat some oil in a pan and shallow fry over medium heat from both side.
6. Chili Lime Paneer
- 200 g Paneer
- 2 tbsps chili sauce sweet
- ¼ teaspoon piri piri sauce
- 2 tsps lime juice
- 1 pinch lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon ginger fresh minced
- to taste Salt
- Cut Paneer into 1 inch pieces and pan fry them in 1 tablespoon of Sesame oil or Olive oil in a non stick pan.
- Mix together sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice, minced ginger, piri-piri sauce, lemon zest salt to taste and whisk them with a fork.
- Now Pour this sauce over pan fried paneer and sprinkle some chopped mint or coriander. Stir until the paneer has soaked up most of the flavor.
7. Curried Tofu and Vegetable Patties
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 small cauliflower, coarsely grated
- 150g orange sweet potato, coarsely grated
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 250g firm tofu
- 1 cup cold cooked brown rice (see notes)
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Extra vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Plain reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Heat oil. In a large frying pan over high heat. Add cauliflower and sweet potato. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender. Add capsicum, peas, onion and curry powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Cool.
- Coarsely grate tofu. Using your hands, squeeze out any excess moisture. Place in a large bowl. Add cooled vegetable mixture, rice, flour and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Pour enough extra oil into a large frying pan to come 5mm up side of pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Add ¹⁄³ cup of tofu mixture to pan. Repeat 3 more times to make 4 patties. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain (see notes). Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 12 patties. Sprinkle with coriander leaves, and serve with salad leaves and yoghurt.
8. Turmeric Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Fried curry leaves, to serve
- Any seasoning or spices of your choice
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with foil.
- Cut the cauliflower four thick slices, leaving base intact. Cook them in extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to the foil-lined baking tray.
- Whisk the olive oil with the turmeric in a bowl until combined. Brush over steaks.
- Roast cauliflower in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until tender and crisp.
- Scatter with fried curry leaves and thinly sliced red chilli, to serve.
9. Buttery Garlic Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 pack button mushrooms
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter and oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the mushrooms for a few seconds on high heat
- Add the onions, garlic & salt and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until golden and crispy on the edges.
- sprinkle pepper & herbs of your choice
- Cook for a further 30 seconds, until fragrant.
10. Macaroni Salad
- 1 cup boiled Macaroni
- 1 cucumber Sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 8-10 Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup Lettuce
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1 boiled Potato diced
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
Leave a Reply